Throughout his professional career Neil has dealt with many types of commercial disputes. These have included bringing and defending matters arising from the breach of commercial contracts, the supply of goods and services and professional negligence matters relating to accountants, architects, surveyors and solicitors. He has also acted in partnership disputes relating to accountants and solicitors and in claims arising from professional misconduct. Examples of recent cases as mediator include:
- Commercial contract dispute relating to the breach of a multi-party joint venture agreement where the amount in dispute was up to £1 million.
- Dispute relating to a facilities management agreement where the amount in dispute exceeded £2.25m.
- Dispute arising pursuant to a commercial agent’s agreement where the amount in dispute exceeded £500,000.
- Dispute arising from a claim to enforce personal guarantees given by the directors of a company in liquidation and involving a counter claim regarding material misrepresentation in the sale of the business.
- Dispute relating to allegations of breach of a franchise agreement involving allegations of misrepresentation by the franchisor.
- A dispute between two companies in a specialist industry regarding the terms of an alleged option to purchase part of one of the organisations concerned.
- A dispute regarding the supply of electricity to commercial outlets in circumstances where there was an issue as to whether or not one party was engaged as principal or agent. The amount in dispute between the parties exceeded £1m.