Throughout his professional career Neil has dealt with many types of commercial disputes. These have included bringing and defending matters arising from the breach of commercial contracts, the supply of goods and services and professional negligence matters relating to accountants, architects, surveyors and solicitors. He has also acted in partnership disputes relating to accountants and solicitors and in claims arising from professional misconduct. Examples of recent cases as mediator include:
- Commercial contract dispute relating to the breach of a multi-party joint venture agreement where the amount in dispute was up to £1 million.
- Dispute relating to a facilities management agreement where the amount in dispute exceeded £2.25m.
- Dispute arising pursuant to a commercial agent’s agreement where the amount in dispute exceeded £500,000.
- • A breach of contract dispute relating to a luxury asset where the in dispute exceeded £380,000.
- Dispute arising from a claim to enforce personal guarantees given by the directors of a company in liquidation and involving a counter claim regarding material misrepresentation in the sale of the business.
- Dispute relating to allegations of breach of a franchise agreement involving allegations of misrepresentation by the franchisor.
- A dispute between two companies in a specialist industry regarding the terms of an alleged option to purchase part of one of the organisations concerned.
- A commercial contract dispute in the media and entertainment sector relating to a claim for money due and a counterclaim for consequential losses where the amount in dispute was £170,000.
- A dispute between investment companies concerned with property development over monies claimed for investment and dividends where the amount in dispute was around £600,000.
- A dispute between an independent financial adviser and a company, with whom there was an agency agreement, regarding the arrangements following termination of the agreement.
- A dispute between a Commercial Agent and the Principal regarding alleged breaches of and termination of the agreement where the amount in dispute was in excess of £500,00plus costs.
- A dispute between a Commercial Agent and the Principal relating to money claimed as due under the contract where the amount in issue was £110,000.
- A dispute between a Commercial Agent and the Principal relating to money due at the end of the contract where the amount in issue was circa £42,000.
- A dispute regarding the supply of electricity to commercial outlets in circumstances where there was an issue as to whether or not one party was engaged as principal or agent. The amount in dispute between the parties exceeded £1m.