YOUR BEST OPPORTUNITY TO REACH AGREEMENT
My aim in mediation is to give the parties in dispute the best opportunity of reaching an agreement. I bring to this commitment persistence, patience and many years’ experience when I was in practice as a solicitor dealing with civil and commercial cases, and as a mediator. I am now a non-practising solicitor.
My approach recognises that the people involved in the case control the outcome. By chairing a discussion between those involved I look to facilitate a dialogue, while remaining willing to test and challenge where this is appropriate and helpful.
I have mediated extensively in many types of disputes and my experience includes:
• Commercial Contract
• Professional Negligence
• Clinical Negligence
• Personal Injury
• Commercial Property
• Sale of Goods and Services
• Trusts and Probate
Other Dispute Experience – Investigations
When practising as a solicitor I advised clients for over 30 years about the conduct of investigations in most aspects of employment including fraud and very serious sexual harassment cases. This has meant that, on a weekly basis at least, I worked with clients on the steps to be taken in an investigation and related toin the terms of enquiries to be made including collecting evidence and preparing witness statements. Some examples include:
• An employment investigation involving a very high-profile organisation with both a national and international reputation where one of the senior managers was accused of serious sexual assault. At the conclusion of the investigation, an independent report was presented to the CEO who conducted a disciplinary hearing based on that report.
• Conducting a disciplinary hearing and making a finding, after the employer had conducted an investigation into a substantial fraud by a finance manager.
• Court cases involving investigation processes in matters from major crime to professional negligence where it was required to consider evidential issues in a number of different contexts.
• Conducting a number of investigations and disciplinary hearings for allegations of inappropriate conduct by a partner and dishonesty by a senior solicitor.
WHO I WORK WITH
I am a member of the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) Chambers panel of mediators.
Visit the CEDR Website