When a partner McCormicks, a firm with a national reputation regarding sports law, Neil was actively involved in cases relating to football, cricket, boxing, athletics and swimming. While sitting as the Chairman of the Football Disciplinary Commission of the Football League, Neil dealt with cases relating to club finance, player contracts, fielding of ineligible players and supporter conduct and safety issues.
Examples of recent cases as mediator include:
- A dispute relating to the contractual arrangements between a football manager and a high profile football club.
- A dispute between an internationally high-profile footballer and a football agent where the amount in dispute exceeded £2.5m.
- A claim by an athlete that he was subjected to bullying and discrimination while training at the Centre of Excellence for the sport.
- A dispute relating to the governance and the handling of a complaint regarding a member of a national sports association.
- A dispute regarding the governing bodies of a high profile sport.
- A dispute relating to a professional golfer and commercial contracts.
- A dispute between members of a national sports team regarding team selection.