Who I Am.
I am a civil and commercial mediator accredited by the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) in 1997. I have been mediating regularly since 2001.
Additionally, I am a member of CEDR’s highly regarded Training Faculty and have trained mediators, mediation, negotiation and conflict management both nationally and internationally.
Previously working in private practice, I am now a non-practising solicitor. I was a Senior Litigation Partner with McCormicks from 1986 until 2013, dealing primarily with contract and commercial litigation, partnership, employment, professional negligence, sport, clinical negligence matters and personal injury. In addition to acting for clients in contentious matters, I have been a Chairman of the Football League Disciplinary Commission.
The areas of law I have worked in, both as a lawyer and mediator, include:
- Commercial Contract
- Professional Negligence
- Clinical Negligence
- Personal Injury
- Commercial Property
- Sale of Goods and Services
- Trusts and Probate
Additionally, in my early career I had extensive experience in criminal law including commercial fraud.
Professional qualifications and panel memberships include:
- July 1995: Higher Courts (Criminal Proceedings) Qualification.
- October 1997: Higher Courts (All Proceedings) Qualification.
- December 1997: CEDR Accredited Mediator
- Member of the Sports Dispute Resolution Panel of Mediators.
- Practitioner Member of the Law Society Civil/Commercial Mediation Panel.
- Member of the Panel of Mediators for the Court of Appeal Mediation Scheme
Please click the link below to download my C.V.
Download Neil’s CV