For a long period of time when working as a lawyer in practice, I acted for both claimants and defendants in a range of personal injury cases including those involving catastrophic injury.
- A dispute relating to two road traffic accident claims where there was a substantial dispute in relation to causation and quantum.
- Dispute between the purchaser of a high value motor vehicle and the manufacturer and seller regarding injuries allegedly sustained due to a defect.
- Dispute regarding the amount of compensation following a road accident resulting in severe head injuries, where the amount claimed was in excess of £2m.
- Dispute between five insurers over the apportionment of liability in a serious industrial accident claim where the amount in dispute was estimated to exceed £600,000.
- Complex personal injury claim where there were issues of individual and corporate responsibility. Amount in dispute exceeded £200,000.
- Cost consequences, including in relation to success fee and insurance premium of Claimant accepting part 36 offer.
- Dispute relating to injuries sustained in an accident at work on a construction site.